I’m just going to go ahead and say it…this might be one of my all-time favorite snack recipes. Ever. Of ALL time.
This recipe tasted like a mix of caramel popcorn (yum) and rice crispy treats (yummm). Is there anything not yum going on here? I think not.
Reasons why I loved this recipe: 1. Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. 2. Caramel poured on top of anything makes my life happier. 3. I have such great memories associated with all things marshmallow – s’mores on a beach trip with my girlfriends, hot cocoa with my siblings on a snow day, the list goes on. 4. The chewy, sticky texture made this snack equally fun to eat and delicious.
Please don’t wait to make this. Go to your cabinet, collect the 6 tiny ingredients, make this, sit down with the bowl, do not be ashamed when you polish off the entire thing. Go!
(Note: this bite promptly went into my mouth. Followed by around 684 more bites. Sorry I’m not sorry)
Caramel Fluff Popcorn
Adapted From: Chef in Training
Between 1 to 2 bags microwavable popcorn (depending on your preferred caramel-to-popcorn ratio, I used about 1 and a half bags), popped
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
12 large marshmallows
1. Place popcorn in a large bowl. Be sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
2. On low heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and marshmallows.
4. Raise heat to medium and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
5. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn. Mix until fully incorporated. Enjoy! IF there are any leftovers, store in an airtight container.