Sometimes a girl just needs peanut butter. And Oreos. And chocolate. And a few sprinkles. Allll at the same time.
To be honest, I don’t normally pair peanut butter and Oreos. However, I always relate this combination to the film “The Parent Trap.” Remember when baby Lindsay Lohan and replica baby Lindsay Lohan play too many pranks and get sent to the secluded cabin and find out they’re twins because they BOTH miraculously love Oreos dipped in peanut butter??? No? Okay maybe I’m the only one that remembers that scene.
And maybe I’m also the only one that remembers very little from a movie except the scenes that involve food. What is my life?
So if you want to recreate this iconic moment in cinema history, or you have no idea what I’m talking about and just want to satisfy your sweet tooth – I promise this is the recipe for you! No bake, delicious, and a definite crowd pleaser! You can even impress your friends by telling them the The Parent Trap story if you want….
Peanut Butter Cookies & Cream Bark
Based on: Sally’s Baking Addiction
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
30 Oreo cookies, crushed
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
sprinkles and additional crumbles Oreos for topping, optional
1. Line a 13×9 dish with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray.
2. Using an electric or stand mixer, beat together the melted butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar for about a minute, or until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and salt and beat for 30 more seconds. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the crushed Oreo cookies.
3. Using your hands, press the mixture into the prepared pan and chill in the refrigerator for at least on hour.
4. Once chilled, spread the melted chocolate evenly over the top of the mixture. Top as desired. Return to the refrigerator to cool for at least 30 more minutes.
5. Using a knife, break up the bark. You can also use your hands to break the bark into smaller pieces. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!