Sometimes you eat at the local bagel restaurant so many times that you decide to give it up for Lent. Sometimes it is so unbearably difficult to go without bagels that you need to find a new food obsession to eat in between classes four days a week.
Sometimes that replacement is corn flakes. Sometimes you get a little overzealous and buy two huge jumbo boxes of said cereal. Sometimes you get tired of said cereal.
Sometimes you decide the best thing to do is cover said cereal in sugar + peanut butter + chocolate. Sometimes you just need some no-bake cookies that make you swoon they’re so delicious.
If you haven’t guessed yet, the subject of this narrative is me and I just described to you the last few weeks of my life. Was it that hard to guess?
I’m thinking you should recreate this delicious and incredibly easy dessert. Maybe sometime soon. Maybe sometime today!
Peanut Butter Crunch No-Bake Cookies
Adapted from: Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy
Yields: 1 dozen cookies
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
3/4 cup peanut butter (either crunchy or creamy – I used a combination of both!)
2 cups corn flakes
3/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
2. Place corn flakes in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Add sugar and corn syrup to medium sauce pan. Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture just starts boiling. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the peanut butter.
4. Pour peanut butter mixture on top of corn flakes, stir thoroughly to cover.
5. Using two spoons, drop about two tablespoons of mixture onto prepared cookie sheet. Feel free to use your spoons to shape the cookies. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
6. Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate by microwaving it in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval. Once chocolate is melted, add vegetable oil.
7. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of each cookie. Place in refrigerator until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container. Enjoy!